Ion Chromatography (IC) system with anion chemistry are widely used in the analysis of common anion; Fluoride, Chloride, Bromide, Iodide, Nitrite, Nitrate, Phosphate & sulphate, and analysis of Dissolved Alkali and Alkaline Earth Cations and Ammonium; Lithium, Sodium, Ammonium, Magnesium & calcium, which accordance to US EPA, ASTM, ISO, JIS, NIOSH, OSHA, DIN and etc.
Since the 1st commercial launch of Ion Chromatography (IC) system with suppressed conductivity by Dionex Corporation in mid-1970, it have been a continuous development by Dionex Corporation, not only in the suppressor technology, but in general as a whole, which offer many difference solution to the industries.
The development in Reagent-Free Ion Chromatography (RFIC) with on-line eluent generation allow gradient elution which has further improve the capability of the IC system, at the same time, it simplified the handling & operation procedure, below is the schematic of both conventional IC system & RFIC system.
In addition, the used of the additional auxiliary valve enable pre-concentration and also use for matrix removal, and this extent the use of Ion Chromatography, nowadays Ion chromatography systems has been a standard tools for ionic contamination in electronic, semiconductor, hard disk manufacturing drinking water analysis and many more, some of them as follow:-
- Drinking water analysis according to US EPA 300.1
- Analysis of Disinfection By Products (DBP); Chlorite, Chlorate and Bromate in mineral water.
- Analysis of water extractable Chloride & other anion in palm oil samples.
- On-line analysis of Anion & Cation in pure water system in ppt level.
- Analysis of Nitrite & Nitrate in birdnest and other food samples using matrix