The goal of the grinding and polishing steps is to prepare a final polished specimen that is free of deformation and suitable for analysis.This can be achieved in multiple ways depending on the overall goals of the lab.
The AutoMet grinder-polisher is a high performance machine, designed for reliability, flexibility, and ease of use. Upgrade to a Pro model for intelligent programming that makes advanced functionality easy with highly reproducible results.
The Burst Dispensing System is a flexible, easy to operate dispensing system for all diamond and final polishing suspensions. This product improves both productivity and consistency by dispensing suspensions at fixed intervals and configurable rates.
- Built tough for high volume use.
- Save time with quick clean features including a retractable water hose, disposable bowl liner and integrated 360 degree bowl rinse.
- Color touch screen controls add functionality needed for advanced methods, such as method creation/storage and Z-axis material removal by depth.
- Improve productivity and consistency by integrating with a Burst Dispensing System.
- Intuitive touchscreen interface – No complicated menus, Focus on everyday use features.
- User selectable rinse and spin function.
- Easy to remove platens.
- Large straight path draining system
- Sintered Carbide
- Composites: Metal Matrix, Polymer Matrix and Ceramic Matrix
- Printed Circuit Board
- Microelectronic Devices
- Plastics and Polymers
- Thermally Spray Coated Specimens